It's been a few weeks without update. Back.
- I wish I’d had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life others expected of me.
- I wish I hadn’t worked so hard.
- I wish I’d had the courage to express my feelings.
- I wish I had stayed in touch with my friends.
- I wish I had let myself be happier.
From it's just wood:
A few months back, I decided to start a vegetable garden. I have fond memories of gardening with my folks when I was a young boy, and I figured a garden would be a good outlet from my day to day life in tech.
Looking up and down the aisles at Lowes and not finding a raised garden bed that met my needs, I inquired with a staff member:
“Sorry, we don’t carry anything like that.”
“Darn. Ok, I’ll try another store then,” I sighed with resignation.
“You know,” he said to me, “it’s just wood.”
It took me a moment to realize how liberating this statement was. To him, woodworking held no mystery at all – it was just a thing you did. If he wanted a garden bed, there’d be no question in his mind that he’d make it himself. Why spend more on something suboptimal when you can build exactly what you want?